Absa Blog | Festive Safety Tips
As the year draws to a close, Absa Insurance Company wishes you a happy and restful festive season. To ensure your continued peace of mind, please make sure that your home is adequately covered.
We know that your house is more than just a building; it is a home where your greatest memories are made. That is why ensuring that your home is covered is important to us, should anything happen.
Homeowner’s insurance gives you peace of mind and security. It provides cover for the structure of your home against:
Unexpected acts of nature*, so we cover your home in the event of wind, lightning, storm, hail, flood and even snow damage.
Accidental and impact damage
You are not always in control of what happens on your property, but we have you covered for any unforeseen impact damage* such as a tree falling or vehicle driving into your property, as well as accidental breakage of glass and sanitaryware and accidental damage to public supply or mains connections.
Geysers can be troublesome, which is why we cover you for geyser replacement. We also offer you unlimited cover* for leaking, bursting and overflowing pipes, geysers and damage caused to your property, subject to policy terms and conditions*.
Theft or attempted theft
Malicious damage is something that can happen even when we least expect it, don’t worry ̶ we have you covered for loss and damage, subject to policy terms and conditions*.
You won’t be left on shaky ground if that earthquake hits, because we have you covered.
If your home becomes uninhabitable due to damage and/or loss, we’ll cover the cost* of safe accommodation while your property is being repaired by us, subjects to limits as per policy terms and conditions
What is your responsibility, and what is not covered by your policy:
Structural faults/Bad workmanship
Regular structural inspection must be carried out. Damage caused by an independent contractor and repairs will be for your own cost.
A few things to keep in mind
- Your insurance policy requires the sum insured to equal the full replacement value of your property and its fixtures. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have been provided with the correct replacement value. To help you confirm the replacement value, we have a tool to make it easier for you. Please click here
- Take time to read through your policy schedule and policy terms and conditions. Know what is covered and what is not. Understand that it is your responsibility to keep up the value of your property by carrying out routine maintenance and repairs.
- Our policy offers cover for your property and its fixtures provided that your property is used for residential purposes only. Please ensure that you advise us if your property is used for any form of business purposes as this may impact you at claim stage.
- Our insurance language is further explained and defined in your policy terms and conditions.
- Keep all your insurance documents in a safe place, including any information we send you in future. It will make things easier when you need to claim.
- If you make any big changes and extensions to your home, such as changing a tiled roof to a thatch roof, let us know immediately as this could change the risk profile of your property and have a potential impact on your premium.
*Terms and conditions apply and certain cover is subject to limitations, as per your policy schedule and policy terms and conditions.
Disclaimer: The advice contained on this blog is for general purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances, objectives or financial needs. Accordingly, readers are advised to seek appropriate advice from licensed professionals prior to making any investment, or taking up a financial product or service.